Saturday, February 2, 2013

My First Blog Post and a Freebie!!!

Hello Blog World!  I'm happy to be back with a fresh new blog!  I was never fully happy with my last blog, so it finally had to go.  I gave this blog the title of "I Live to Teach," because I've always felt as though I was meant to be a teacher.  When I'm not in the classroom student teaching, I'm researching for lessons! I am addicted to teacher blogs...there I admit.  Admitting you have a problem is the first step, right???  Well, to kick off my new blog, I finally created my own Teachers-Pay-Teachers site and have uploaded a free product!  When I become a teacher, I'm really hoping to teach fourth grade!  I'm student teaching in fourth grade now and I adore it.  To help my students start making the transition to Middle School, I want to help them stay organized.  So, without further adieu, I am sharing with you my Assignment Record Sheet.  You can assign their work a number as well as the date it was assigned, a small description, the points possible, and the points earned.  Students can place the work inside their folder in chronological order.  I would put the Assignment Sheet inside the folder's clips, or at the beginning of a binder.  I would use a different sheet for each subject area.  At the end of a unit, they can staple all of their assignments into a booklet along with their notes and a cover page so that they have it for reference, yet its out of their folder and desk! "Take that booklet home PLEASE!"  I hope you enjoy this freebie and any feedback is always appreciated! 

Here's a link to the freebie!!!


Creative Commons License

Amy

***Update -- I finished my student teaching in first grade and absolutely loved that too so I officially don't care what I grade I teach.  I kinda think I wouldn't want to teach older than fourth grade.  I also like having the same kiddos all day long so may I want to teach between first and third grade. Who knows! There are pros and cons to both!

No comments:

Post a Comment